If you’re looking for a new style, but don’t want to go through the hassle of shaving your head or wearing wigs, getting a scalp tattoo could be the perfect solution. Scalp tattoos are precisely what they sound like: tattoos that cover your entire scalp. This can be done in one session or in multiple sessions depending on how large the design is. It’s easy to apply, inexpensive and will last for years.
The following are specifics about scalps tattoos that you should consider before getting one applied:
1) Scalp tattoos are usually done with an electric machine using needle-like spouts which can penetrate up to 18 inches deep into skin cells. Once the tattoo is complete, a sterile process is used to remove all ink.
2) Scalp tattoos should not be applied over scars as this may result in bleeding or infection.
3) If you have a medical condition that requires you to shave your head, the tattoo will have to be removed once your hair grows back.
4) In order to ensure that the tattoo won’t fade over time, it should be applied every 1-2 months. When the design is done, it should then be covered with a temporary coloring application that prevents fading for up to 3 months. This means that every 3 months, the tattoo must be redone and colored over again.
5) You can’t swim or shower for at least 24 hours after the tattoo has been applied.
6) Scalp tattoos are not recommended for females. Although most tattoos will not hurt, some may experience an itchy sensation on their scalps while the tattoo is being applied.
7) A scalp tattoo design should be more than 3 inches in diameter to ensure that it is properly done.
8) If you are planning to get more than one scalp tattoo, you must wait at least 3 months between each session due to healing time.
9) If you are planning on having a mix of colors in your design, make sure that the ink companies offer these color mixes before getting your scalp tattoo done.
10) You will be required to sign a waiver before the tattoo is applied to ensure that you won’t file a complaint against the artist.
11) Anesthesia will be applied before getting your scalp tattoo done. Since the needles used for scalp tattoos are designed for use within skin cells, there is no need to inject numbing agents such as lidocaine. However, if you want to prevent pain or any discomfort while getting your tattoo applied, feel free to take aspirin or ibuprofen pills one hour before the procedure begins.
12) The tattooing process can cause bruising and swelling around the area where the design is being applied.
13) The tattoo artist should allow you to look at your design before it is applied so that you can make sure that everything is done to your liking.
14) If you are uncomfortable, tell the tattoo artist. It’s very important that you are comfortable with your design before it is applied because once the tattooing has begun, any changes will result in extra costs. If the design requires more ink or time to complete, additional charges should also be expected.
15) Do not remove your scalp tattoo yourself as this may cause scarring and other problems.
16) You must wait 2 to 3 months after receiving a scalp tattoo before getting any body piercings done to avoid infection or bleeding after the procedure.